Hi, my name is Jessie Wright-Mendoza. I'm a multimedia journalist - longform audio pieces, photo essays, interactive documentaries, handmade 'zines...whatever I can get my hands on to tell a story, I'm interested.
I live in Brooklyn most of the time, but sometimes I sneak off to West Virginia for square dancing and old-time music, so if you're looking to fill an assignment in either place, just give me a holler!
I graduated from the journalism school at Boston University, and studied radio at the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies in Portland, ME and photojournalism and documentary photography at the International Center of Photography in NYC.
I'm interested in creating immersive storytelling experiences for the digital environment, and over the years I've developed a pretty diverse skill set. I'm really good at:
- Cameras - digital, film, medium-format, large-format, video...I've used them all. For most of my work, I rely on a Canon DSLR for still and video work
- Audio - not to brag, but I have been complimented on the clean, crisp quality of my recordings
- Editing - video and audio...I favor Adobe Audition and Premiere, but I can easily make the adjustment to your preferred editing suite
- Interviews - or, the art of making people feel comfortable in awkward situations
- transcriptions and tape synchs
- stellar photo captions written to AP style standards
mobile: +1 413.627.0774